Glass Pendants (GP)
- All images are for illustrative purposes only and all sizes are approximate.
- Where applicable and to prevent delays in completing your order, please provide us with your specific customisation at checkout.
- We are able to set breastmilk or cremation ashes in your creation.
- About glass fused cabochons:
- Glass fusing is the process of heat bonding of separate pieces of glass in a kiln. Temperatures reach over 800 degrees Celsius.
- Glass rings can only accommodate breastmilk or cremation ash inclusions.
- The shape of the small glass cabochon is generally around 10 mm - 15 mm in diameter and the medium size is approximately 20 mm - 25 mm in diameter.
- Air bubbles within the glass is common and gets formed when the air is trapped between the glass.
- We offer a wide range of opal and transparent colours including dichroic glass. Dichroic glass is produced by glass and micro-layers of metal or oxides which give the glass shifting colours depending on the viewing angle of view, Dichroic glass costs extra.
- Glass cabochons are kiln annealed to ensure durability.
- Breastmilk can be constructed in various shapes, such as:
- Moulded hearts, feet and breastfeeding logos, or
- Hand made hearts, spots, letters or more commonly we use striations to give an organic flowing effect.
- If not specifically specified at checkout, we will striate your breastmilk inclusion.
- Types of glass
- We work with standard transparent, opal or clear glass. We hold a small number of colours in stock, so if you have a specific colour in mind, please discuss with us before placing your order. If nothing is specified at checkout, we will use transparent glass.
- We also make use of dichroic glass which is more expensive but yields a much more beautiful result. Dichroic glass displays two different colours depending on the lighting conditions. Please discuss your requirement with us before placing your order. We currently hold a number of colours in stock, with the most common being silver dichroic on black glass. We do hold dichroic on clear glass with colours including blue, violet and green.
- Each pendant is approximately 15 mm in size.
- Findings are set using resin and jeweller's glue and can withhold general wear and tear. Submersion in water, use of perfumes and soaps may dissolve the adhesive resulting in the inclusion falling off. Please ensure that you inspect your creation regularly for wear and tear.
- Each pendant includes a sterling silver necklace.
- Pendants are made with white glass or silver dichroic glass (as applicable) unless specified specifically to the contrary.
- If you should find anything of the process a concern, you may wish to reconsider your order.