Artisan Fused Glass Pendant - Sterling Silver
VAT Free Price: £107.50
VAT Free Price: £107.50
- All images are for illustrative purposes only and all sizes are approximate.
- Where applicable and to prevent delays in completing your order, please provide us with your specific customisation at checkout.
- We are able to set breastmilk or cremation ashes in your creation.
- About artisan glass pendants
- Our artisan glass pendant range takes glass fusing to a whole new exciting level. We make use of glass powders, frit and sheet glass in varying combinations to create amazing one of a kind creations. In most cases, we spend a lot of time hand forming the pendant to the desired shape.
- The gorgeous seaside pendant is made up of more than 12 different types of glass fused over 3 different kiln cycles then hand formed and kiln polished.
- Our layered pendant consists of several layers of glass fused together then hand formed to a desired shape.
- Some glass casts a halo around certain colours when fused together. We currently have white and blue or blue and white.
- We are also able to embellish the design with coloured or metallic decals including the following. They can be added to white / transparent designs, or even over dichroic or iridised glass.:
- Metallic decals:
- Silver trees: height range - 20 mm - 30 mm
- Gold dragons: height range - 30 mm - 60 mm
- Small gold butterflies: height approx 10 mm
- Gold / bronze detailed butterflies: height range - 20 mm - 30 mm
- Gold spirals: 25 mm in diameter (suitable for round pendants)
- Gold feathers: height range 25 mm - 40 mm (suitable for long rectangular pendants)
- Coloured decals
- Butterflies: height range - 15 mm - 45 mm
- Blue ivy rose: leaves from 10 mm, flowers from 20 mm to 35 mm
- Multicoloured butterflies|
- About glass fused pendants:
- Glass fusing is the process of heat bonding of separate pieces of glass in a kiln. Temperatures reach over 800 degrees Celsius.
- Air bubbles within the glass is common and gets formed when the air is trapped between the glass.
- We offer a wide range of opal, transparent, iridised and dichroic glass.
- Dichroic glass is produced by glass and micro-layers of metal or oxides which give the glass shifting colours depending on the viewing angle of view,
- Visit out colour pallet for some or our glass options.
- Glass pendants are kiln annealed to ensure durability.
- Types of glass
- We work with standard transparent, opal or clear glass. We hold a wide number of colours and effects in stock, so if you have a specific colour in mind, please discuss with us before placing your order.
- We also make use of dichroic glass which is more expensive but yields a much more beautiful result. Dichroic glass displays two different colours depending on the lighting conditions. Please discuss your requirement with us before placing your order. We currently hold a number of colours in stock, with the most common being silver dichroic on black glass. We do hold dichroic on clear glass.
- Pendant shapes and sizes.
- Generally, a glass cabochon is round in shape and free formed in the kiln.
- Other shapes differ in size depending on the style.
- We are able to produce a wide range of shapes so if there is anything you would specifically like, please let us know. The glass is shaped by hand, not in a mould, so be mindful of this when placing your order.
- A hole is drilled through the glass to attach a bail so you can wear it n a necklace chain. The bail is sterling silver and we include a free sterling silver necklace with your purchase.
- If you should find anything of the process a concern, you may wish to reconsider your order.