Glass fused jewellery
Our unique glass fused jewellery range of rings, charms and pendants is the ultimate every day jewellery creation.
It is designed to be worn every single day and it stands the test of time. All our fused glass creations are kiln annealed for extra durability.
Your breastmilk or cremation ashes are incased in glass, making it totally water proof, UV proof and resistant to any other environmental factors.
- Our unique preservation process ensures that your milk is preserved and permanently imbedded in glass. Your breastmilk will NEVER discolour, change appearance or alter in any way, making it the most durable of creations.
- You can do every day activities with your unique creation. Any findings (the ring bands, pendant holders, etc), needs to be treated with care to avoid damage or loss to it. Findings are attached with jeweller's resin glue.
- It is recommended that you remove your jewellery when working with chemicals.
- They are durable hard glass with breast milk encased, water and UV proof.
- Showering with your jewellery on is fine, as is laying in the sun. However, if you creation includes any metal findings we would recommend you take your jewellery off while swimming or bathing, just to err on the side of caution. It should be treated like fine jewellery.
- Be mindful of your jewellery, these are durable, yet precious keepsakes.
- The glass should be cleaned regularly with a soft cloth and the sterling silver with a silver polishing cloth.
- Avoid submerging resin pieces in water and that includes showering, bathing, swimming and other activities. Your pieces will look newer longer if you take them off before swimming, showers, etc. Resin is water resistant, but not waterproof. Water can damage resin over time, and it may also damage the inclusion. Some creations have their findings attached with glue. Although the strongest jewellery glue is used in securing it, submersion in water will, over time, loosen the glue or even the resin which could cause your attachments and inclusions to become loose. This is particularly relevant to bubbles, fitted rings and charm beads.
- Avoid storing your jewellery pieces in direct sunshine. We use epoxy resin and exposure to UV light / sunshine can cause some resin pieces to yellow over time. This especially applies to pieces that are clear. Heat from direct sun exposure can also make larger/thinner pieces ‘loose’ and almost gummy like. This is not permanent and the piece will regain its normal hardness when cooled, but it is still not recommended. In some instances, exposure to ultra violet light may cause tinted milk to fade. This is a completely natural process.
- Avoid harsh chemicals/cleaning solutions, such as perfume, hairspray, nail varnish remover, household cleaners, etc. It can cause the resin to turn jelly like and speed up the yellowing process. If your resin jewellery gets grubby, clean it with very mild soap and warm water and dry it thoroughly with a soft cloth. Don’t use anything abrasive to clean your resin with – it will scratch the surface.
- Avoid knocks and scratches. Resin is incredibly hardwearing (it’s a plastic, after all) but it could be scratched or damaged by a bump against a hard surface.
- Avoid placing pressure on your jewellery, particularly those items that are are encased in a very thin layer of resin. It could cause the resin to detach from the jewellery item. This is particularly relevant to milk bubbles, some ring designs, bezel pendants and charms.
- Due to the nature of resin, creations can be damaged and / or broken. We advise you to check your creations regularly for signs of damage. With some creations, jump rings and other jewellery findings are used to secure the creation. Please ensure that you regularly check that the findings are securely fastened and that there are no broken or lose pieces. We cannot be held responsible if your creation becomes detached or lost.
- Be kind to your resin jewellery and keep it in a jewellery box when you’re not wearing it.